Green Blue Active promotes the importance of physical activity for well-being and the benefits of nature contact for preventative health.
The evidence is in: simply walking in forests or green spaces can produce health outcomes ranging from a supported immune system, lowered blood pressure and stress hormones, mental restoration, and increased feelings vitality, focus and concentration. Read our interview with forest medicine and forest bathing expert Dr. Qing Li, and learn the science, protocols and tips for forest bathing.
What makes us different?
1. We aim to inspire everyone to choose nature as a place for health-enhancing physical activity and to support mental well-being.
2. We support by leading activities to positively influence attitudes and behaviours for healthy active lifestyles.
3. We spread health promotion messaging to empower children, families, and adults to take action.
We focus on green exercise and stress management in green spaces, and all classes are instructed by a qualified and motivated professional.
- Workplace corporate well-being sessions in English. Our workplace well-being sessions are offered on-site in Berlin, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- Kids fitness classes: See our 'Little Sprouts' page. We offer on-site classes in schools and youth clubs in Berlin, Brandenburg, and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and outdoor kids movement pop-up classes in Neubrandenburg.
Read more on the philosophy of Green Blue Active.
Green Blue Active is participating in European Public Health Week 2021 and hosting an online event, "Let's take 15-simple exercises to take outdoors and improve mood", featuring quick facts on green exercise and a movement session on May 19, 2021!
Exercising in nature to promote well-being and support disease prevention efforts.
Nature immersion can improve subjective well-being and enhance clarity.
Stress reduction practice can reduce blood pressure and improve mood.