Green Blue Active for kids: Little Sprouts Active
We created Little Sprouts classes for children to experience the health benefits of green exercise and to build positive associations supporting a physically active lifestyle.
Our aim is for kids to adopt physically active behaviours in the future and throughout their life course.
Green Blue Active visits schools in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg and Berlin.
We exercise outdoors (resistance training with bands, bodyweight and cardio) and learn stress reduction and self-esteem-building activities for children to see and harness their greatness.
- Participants are introduced to concepts in green exercise such as physical activity for mood improvement and increased 'happy' hormones (feeling better and happier), mental restoration and decreased stress levels (feeling calmer and steady), strengthened immune systems (our inner warriors), and we talk about the wonderful benefits of physical activity, and behaviour change (goal setting).
- Our classes are instructed by a native English-speaker. This is a great way for little ones to learn words and practice English in a playful atmosphere.
NEW: Little Sprouts Green Yogis: We now offer outdoor kids yoga classes!
What are Little Sprouts Active? Little Sprouts Active are movement classes for children ages 4-12.
What is the aim of Little Sprouts Active? We want children to know that physical activity is important for their health AND moving outdoors in green spaces is fun. Our class also teaches skills to build confidence and resilience.
What sets it apart from a regular physical activity class? Not only does this class build physical literacy, gross motor skill competencies, boost energy levels and build self-esteem, we also practice breathing exercises, gratitude, and self-esteem-building activities for emotional regulation.
Little Sprouts Active supports healthy school curriculums. Little Sprouts Active classes compliments curriculums offering health and well-being, health education, physical education, and positive education.
We instruct in English. This class offers a unique method to blend healthy physical activity, nature connection, and foreign language development all in one!
We visit you. We visit schools and youth organizations and run our Little Sprouts Active class in an outdoor area.
Want to learn more? Request our Little Sprouts brochure or to book classes at your school/organization, e-mail anytime at email@example.com. We can chat over Zoom to plan a memorable Little Sprouts Active class for your students.
Little Sprouts Green Yogis is interactive and fun. We use themes, stories, songs, dance and activities to keep children engaged while practicing yoga, and inspiring children to be strong, brave and peaceful. For older children, we incorporate longer discussions.
Our playful classes introduce children to yoga poses, mindfulness, and breathing exercises.
Benefits: develops concentration and focus, introduces mindfulness practice for emotional regulation, boosts self-esteem, and is fun!
Please bring a mat.
Little Sprouts Green Yogis are for ages 3-12. Classes are 30 minutes and instructed in English.
- supports a healthy and strong respiratory and immune system
- strengthens the heart, muscles, and bone density
- increases gross motor skills, develops balance, core stabilizers, and coordination
- helps maintain a healthy body weight and better manage blood sugar levels
- improves cognitive functioning and brain health
- increases concentration and supports learning in schools ('movement breaks' are fantastic to incorporate into academic lessons)
- improves mood and sleep
Access to natural environments may contribute to children being more active. Free play in natural environments can increase concentration and encourage decision-making, cooperation, creativity, and curiosity.
Children spend more time indoors and in urban settings than previous generations, with less nature contact. Childhood nature connections may increase the likelihood that as adults, they will appreciate and value nature more than those without.