Keep Kids Moving! Little Sprouts Active
We playfully move outdoors in green spaces, and spark meaningful conversations about living healthy active lifestyles. Our classes include simple practices rooted in principles of mindfulness and positive psychology.
Little Sprouts Active was created because children are raised in an expanding digitalized landscape, and studies are showing that youth are excessively engaged in screentime, becoming increasingly sedentary, overweight, unfit, and disconnected from natural environments.
Recently, children's emotional and mental health has been impacted due to the pandemic, and Green Blue Active aims to provide safe and health-enhancing activities for children to move, play, and learn to manage their big emotions- all while connecting with nature, and recognizing the value of the environment for health.
Our classes are instructed by a native English speaker. This is a great way for little ones to gain vocabulary and practice English in a playful atmosphere.
Participants are introduced to green exercise concepts:
- physical activity for mood improvement and increased 'happy' hormones
- mental restoration through mechanisms in the forest- the 'awe' factors
- how the tree's immune system supports our immune system
- how physical activity supports brain functioning
- for older youth- the power of unplugging for well-being and mental health
- practice in meditation, mindfulness and positive psychology for empowerment, stress reduction, cultivating kindness, empathy and more
Green Blue Active visits schools, sports clubs, and youth clubs in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, and Berlin. We offer customized classes to fit learning objectives and develop health promotion programming for kids.
NEW: Little Sprouts Green Yogis - We now offer outdoor kids yoga and mindfulness classes!
What are Little Sprouts Active? Little Sprouts Active are movement classes for children ages 4-12.
What is the aim of Little Sprouts Active? We want children to know that physical activity is important for their health, cognitive functioning, AND moving outdoors in green spaces is fun. Our class also teaches skills to build confidence and resilience.
What sets it apart from a regular physical activity class? Not only does this class build physical literacy, gross motor skill competencies, boost energy levels and build self-esteem, we also practice breathing exercises, gratitude, and self-esteem-building activities for emotional regulation.
Little Sprouts Active supports healthy school curriculums. Little Sprouts Active classes compliments curriculums offering health and well-being, health education, physical education, and positive education.
We instruct in English. This class offers a unique method to blend healthy physical activity, nature connection, and foreign language development all in one!
We visit you. We visit schools and youth organizations and run our Little Sprouts Active class in an outdoor area.
Want to learn more? Request our Little Sprouts brochure or to book classes at your school/organization, e-mail anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can chat via Video to plan a memorable Little Sprouts Active class for your students.
Little Sprouts Green Yogis
- Little Sprouts Green Yogis
Little Sprouts Green Yogis is interactive and fun. We use themes, stories, songs, dance, and activities to keep children engaged while practicing yoga, and inspire children to be strong, brave and peaceful.
Our playful classes introduce children to yoga poses, mindfulness concepts, and breathing exercises.
Benefits: healthy movement, develops concentration and focus, introduces mindfulness practice for emotional regulation, cultivating kindness, increasing compassion, empathy, and is fun!
Little Sprouts Green Yogis are for ages 3-12. Classes are 30-45 minutes and instructed in English.
- aerobic exercise (heart-pumping movement-running, jumping, bicycle rides, roller skating, ice skating etc) supports a healthy and strong respiratory and immune system
- strengthens the heart, muscles, and bone density
- increases gross motor skills, develops balance, core stabilizers, and coordination
- helps maintain a healthy body weight and better manage blood sugar levels, decreased risk of developing type-2 diabetes
- improves cognitive functioning and brain health
- increases concentration and supports learning in schools
- improves mood and sleep quality
- *Children need at least 60 minutes of aerobic activity each day*
Access to natural environments may contribute to children being more active. Free play in natural environments can increase concentration and encourage decision-making, cooperation, creativity, and curiosity.
Children spend more time indoors and in urban settings than previous generations, with less nature contact. Childhood nature connections may increase the likelihood that as adults, they will appreciate and value nature more than those without.